View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

Dead Set - BBUK vs Zombies!

Psyclops  said about 6 years ago  or at  10:00PM on Wednesday, November 19 2008 in television

My mate saw this and reckoned it was pretty damn good. New series from Charlie Brooker (Nathan Barley etc)

Britain has a big problem. The dead are returning to life and attacking the living. The people they kill get up and kill – and it’s spreading like wildfire. Curiously, there are a few people left in Britain who aren’t worried about any of this – that’s because they’re the remaining contestants in Big Brother. Cocooned in the safety of the Big Brother house, they’re blissfully unaware of the horrific events unfolding outside. Until an eviction night when all hell breaks loose.

Kelly, (Jaime Winstone) the production runner working on Big Brother finds herself caught in the impossible position of trying to fend off the walking dead alongside the remaining housemates, Davina herself, a host of former Big Brother housemates, her producer boss Patrick (Andy Nyman) and boyfriend Riq (Riz Ahmed).

Over the ensuing days, in a cruel reflection of the game show they thought they were entering, the contestants fall victim, one by one, to the hungry masses outside. Staying alive requires teamwork – which is tricky when you’re a group specifically selected by TV producers to wind each other up.

dead set website

HEB  said about 6 years ago:

See the Charlie Brooker thread for previous discussion

On Screenwipe last night he was explaining how sections had to be changed at the last minute as they ran out of money
Hence the car breaks down, rather than crashes...

Psyclops  said about 6 years ago:

oh, i did a search...thanks for the heads up

Modi  said about 5 years ago:

I started watching this last night.

Pretty funny, I don't know how they are going to draw it out into 6 episodes, though.

Modi  said about 5 years ago:

Just watched the end.

That's some scary shit for TV, even if their point was laboured.

Psyclops  said about 5 years ago:

On tonight 10pm SBS One for those yet to see.

Psyclops  said about 5 years ago:

Followed by horror film ''Undead''! Zombie double fun.

postergirl  said about 5 years ago:

This was excellent.

STEWSTER  said about 5 years ago:

It was good. As Modi said though, 6 episodes! How will they drag it out? Will continue to watch. Good review today on RRR's Zero G.

basil seal  said about 5 years ago:

Good ep tonight. Enough gore and now we know the plot for the rest of the season (the two live groups must reunite, but who will survive???)

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

postergirl  said about 4 years ago:

Fucking. Hell.

The Final Girl was not quite final enough.

basil seal  said about 4 years ago:

that was pretty sweet.

basil seal  said about 4 years ago:

and i'll add. patrick is a fantastic character.

postergirl  said about 4 years ago:

I feel an essay coming on related to how Jaime Winstone's character both adheres to and deviates from the Final Girl trope.

Wank wank.

anok  said about 2 years ago:

finally watched this. so good. patrick - what a sublime piece of shit.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.