View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

RedEye records

Ohyeah  said about 8 years ago  or at  11:14AM on Friday, November 24 2006 in industry

25th birthday

quite the feat for an independent record store

go say happy birthday i say

bradmurray  said about 8 years ago:

I love that place. Being from Melbourne, their online store is the shit - you can always find rare goodies.

empra  said about 8 years ago:

awwwwww, HB Red Eye!

Ohyeah  said about 8 years ago:

damn you know i didn't even think to make it a happy birthday thread? idiot

iamthewalrus  said about 8 years ago:

they got my birthday present when i bought 2 oasis vinyls.

filterfeed  said about 8 years ago:

i'm glad they finally did their website up. looks like magic now compared to the old one.

the power of 666  said about 8 years ago:

FUCK YEAH!

number none  said about 8 years ago:

I shall go into the pitt st store and buy something at lunch

GnomeChomsky  said about 8 years ago:

Can someone post a link to the website please?

Ohyeah  said about 8 years ago:

www.redeye.com.au

GnomeChomsky  said about 8 years ago:

Thankyou :)

NotMorrissey  said about 3 years ago:

What's their email address?

When I click on the enquiries button, my stupid Mac mail opens and makes me try to set it up, which it then won't let me do for some reason, so I can't actually see the address.

NotMorrissey  said about 3 years ago:

Don't worry, I got it, I'm a dickbrain.

dickfacekillah  said about 3 years ago:

Isn't one of the guitarists from Lime Spiders something to do with Red Eye? Owner maybe?

LaxCharisma  said about 3 years ago:

Where'd the metal and punk section go. I didn't notice it when I went to the new store...

dickfacekillah  said about 3 years ago:

I remember they used to have a 5 CD package lucky dip. Five albums wrapped in white paper for $10 organised in genre. Never did it, because I assumed they were shit. Do they still have that?

dunno

national_highway_31  said about 3 years ago:

I remember they used to have a 5 CD package lucky dip. Five albums wrapped in white paper for $10 organised in genre. Never did it, because I assumed they were shit. Do they still have that?

I remember this. The best days were in the mid-late 90s in Tank Stream Arcade when they had the little second hand store across the alley from the main store, and they had US indie imports on tap (Homestead, Simple Machines, Teenbeat, Ajax) for dirt cheap as everyone was shifting to CD.

Hellzapoppin  said about 3 years ago:

Homestead

Sigh... the greatest label... ever

national_highway_31  said about 3 years ago:

Heck yes. I'd argue the greatest gold-to-release ratio was The Able Label though, as I don't think they put out a single bad song (even if they did only put out six singles).

Hellzapoppin  said about 3 years ago:

greatest gold-to-release ratio

If you can wipe the unfortunate Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds releases from ones memory, Homestead is nearly %100.

hawaiian_sonny  said about 3 years ago:

More like pinkeye records

P.S - http://soundcloud.com/electric-flu AAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDD http://www.myspace.com/electric_flu

Popboomerang  said about 3 years ago:

pretty safe to say i will be visiting tomoz -shame most of the stores on that street i used to visit are gone!

Gone or moved?

HiltonBummer  said about 3 years ago:

Homestead

Steve (Turner, guitarist) would call them up laughing and say, ‘You guys are pigs. Pay us money.’

jettimon  said about 3 years ago:

I remember this. The best days were in the mid-late 90s in Tank Stream Arcade when they had the little second hand store across the alley from the main store, and they had US indie imports on tap (Homestead, Simple Machines, Teenbeat, Ajax) for dirt cheap as everyone was shifting to CD.

Goodtimes, picked up some Residents vinyl from there. Anyone in Sydney remember Ashwoods?

I sure do. It was never as good once it moved but was not far from where Red Eye is now until the last few years. Maaan it use to be really great. I got a great part of my early collection form there.

jettimon  said about 3 years ago:

I got a great part of my early collection form there.

same here

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.