View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

Noel Gallagher solo tour

fakeplasticme  said about 7 years ago  or at  6:59PM on Sunday, November 26 2006 in events

Herald-Sun says today that Noel Gallagher is playing the Forum in Melbourne on December 10. Anyone got more info, or details on a Sydney show?

I'm about to pass out with excitement.

hiponion  said about 7 years ago:

boring

blake3030  said about 7 years ago:

Solo as in just him with a guitar?

Yep, boring.

He was definitely the best part of Oasis in the band sense when I saw them though.

fakeplasticme  said about 7 years ago:

semi-solo, as in him as Gem Archer. The paper describes it as a "semi-acoustic" tour.
Someone tell walrus!

someone te... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

fakeplasticme  said about 7 years ago:

'as in him WITH Gem Archer' that should say.

angelic_layer  said about 7 years ago:

bump so people don't forget to hang shit on this shitfullness.

hangs more shit

montyclift  said about 7 years ago:

i reckon it could be a laff. particularly if he just starts running off at the mouth between songs.

angelic_layer  said about 7 years ago:

cool..so tell him to leave his guitar at home.

amanaplanac  said about 7 years ago:

Maybe he'll go to Meredith on the Saturday night to see The Soundtrack of Our Lives??

Do you think the Meredith organisers would bow to a last minute request from Noel for a guest pass?
Will he take a limo all the way to Meredith?

iamthewalrus  said about 7 years ago:

fuck fuck fuck fuck.
he'd better do sydney. fuck fuck fuck.

hmm, maybe work can get me a ticket.

filterfeed  said about 7 years ago:

show at the enmore, no? or so my brother told me a few hours ago.

14th december.

er, he said it was on his birthday. so i could be lying. but yeah. i don't know.

tvforcats  said about 7 years ago:

Fuck I love this guy, not so much his music but his brilliant insights into our daily lives, should be more people like him.

MurderInc.  said about 7 years ago:

Id go if it was $25, but as if!

i'm going fookin stalking.

kuroneko  said about 7 years ago:

typical. First reply is wshonion bagging something he doesn't like. Sun rises, sets.

typical. kuro posts expressing her distaste for someone posting something, anything on here. sun rise, sets.

where'd your brother find out?

i can't find anything.

View Comments 20 to 206

We've limited the amount of comments shown in these larger topics to allow for faster viewing, simply click here to load all the missing comments ...

columbo  said about 2 years ago:

Supposedly they said eight. ..

eight figures or eight fans?

pfinger18  said about 2 years ago:

His latest Huff Post Blog about getting to, and landing in New Zealand, is just gold: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/noel-gallagher/noel-gallagher-new-zealand_b_1215551.html?ref=yahoo&ir=Yahoo

crackwhore  said about 2 years ago:

congrats to FATFUCKER for landing the support gigs on this tour ! YAY !

managed to score a ticket to tonight's show at the Enmore. yiiieewww!!

Scrumpy  said about 2 years ago:

yeah, said favourite band did try to start a thread or two about it but got banhammered.>

Wha??

rawr  said about 2 years ago:

how was the show, columbo?

(and did you go to the afterparty?)

the show was pretty good, yeah!

I gotta say i like the Oasis stuff more than the Noel record, but hey. it's Noel, right? don't wanna sound harsh but the show was kind of easy-listening MOR rock to me. everybody seemed to love it though.

I managed to find myself surrounded by some very exuberant & pissed 20-something lads who were hell-bent on hugging/wrestling each other & screaming through the enitre show. it was like being at a football match when a goal gets scored...except it went for the whole $#@&ing gig. as a result I hardly heard Noel's voice at all...

oops, and no i didn't go to the afterparty (there was an afterparty?)

crackwhore  said about 2 years ago:

did you catch Immigrant Union prior to Noel, colombo ?

i didn't see Immigrant Union - I saw Deep Sea Arcade (i thought they were the only support?)

silvertone  said about 2 years ago:

Immigrant Union are only doing the Melbourne show I think...

ah! ok

nexus  said about 2 years ago:

Great gig tonight. He didn't play wonderwall or champagne supernova, but did play look back in anger.

He owes me a drink for calling me a prostitute. He asked who was st kilda. someone suggested a boat & i said a prostitute and then he said i was trying to be cool or i was a prostitute. i told him he couldn't afford me.

Ralph Malph  said about 2 years ago:

That was you nexus, huh. We laughed at your comment and believe me that was the only crowd involvement I enjoyed. I enjoyed the show, sound was fantastic, Noel hilarious, but was annoyed by a) Dickheads constantly yelling out requests, and b) Dickheads yelling out stupid shit. I was puzzled that everyone gave Noel a standing ovation as he walked out, then all sat down. Mind you, I pissed myself laughing at Noel’s comment before he told everyone to get back up. “So, this must be what it is like to be a support band”. Thought the HFB’s stuff held up really well in the set. “Little By Little’ was my highlight though.

klaximopark  said about 2 years ago:

Little by little was awesome at bdo. It was something I was hoping for when oasis last toured here but didn't play it, so it was fucking killer to wander in to his set with three songs to go and get little by little, importance of being earnest and don't look back in anger.

Lozenge  said about 2 years ago:

Oasis were pretty good back in the 90s but the idea of a Noel Gallagher solo show sounds shit boring... who'd wanna go to that? Dude can't even sing!

klaximopark  said about 2 years ago:

Shit boring? Can't sing? Who are you, Joe the Cameraman?

Lozenge  said about 2 years ago:

He's a songsmith at heart... a performer he ain't.

tugboat  said about 2 years ago:

iamthewalrus  said about 2 years ago:

The bemusement in the first pic is priceless.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.