View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

inappropriate work profile content

panus  said about 3 years ago  or at  12:35PM on Thursday, May 5 2011 in chat

at work we have an intranet site on which we are all required to create a profile containing professional and (some) personal information. you also have to include a photo. you can add colleagues to your ''friends'' list too. lots of workplaces have these things. i think they're a bit shit but i go along with it so as not to attract attention.

one of my colleagues has no photo, no professional information and, under ''interests'' has listed only ''hunting''.

Goal attack  said about 3 years ago:

she hunting?

anonymous  said about 3 years ago:

to be honest, that's all you need to know about him I reckon.

hungryhungryhippo  said about 3 years ago:

Ha! I like the cut of their jib.

Mentalist  said about 3 years ago:

I hate company shit like that. At least your colleague has a sense of humor (hopefully).

panus  said about 3 years ago:

i don't actually know who this person is, btw.

nedb  said about 3 years ago:

It's me and I have you in my cross hair as I type this...

electricsound  said about 3 years ago:

we had a 'who's the hottest male staff member' survey on our intranet for a while but it seems to have been taken off.

Dan_Crad  said about 3 years ago:

Add a photo of your arse, and under interests, add 'fisting'.

LoadMyRig  said about 3 years ago:

this is such a bullshit waste of company resources in response to the ''social network revolution''.

quick everyone! sign up to the work version of facefuck and we'll all work more collaboratively together on our projects.

no dickheads, that does not work. weirdly it falls flat in the workplace.

what also does not work is the sharepoint wiki portal you've developed for the division.

it's kinda comforting thought that, at the end of the day, your colleagues would prefer a face-to-face chat with you, or a phone call where they get to hear yr voice.

meet you in this thread in 15 years time though, and let's see how things have changed. by then gen i will have wrecked everything.

quick everyone! sign up to the work version of facefuck and we'll all work more collaboratively together on our projects.

i'm with you on this one, bloody yammer.

anok  said about 3 years ago:

a few years ago i listed ''pretending to do work while surfing the internet'' as an 'interest', but the guy didn't put it online.

i'm with you on this one, bloody yammer.

zachery. yammer schmammer. i mean really fuck off already.

I've signed up, i get a email which i sometimes peruse and but mostly delete, and everyone else in my group does the same and continues to talk to each other as they did before.

everyone's a winner.

Violet  said about 3 years ago:

A profie I saw recently:

What are you up to? Being made redundant.

Interests: Having a job.

I've signed up, i get a email which i sometimes peruse and but mostly delete, and everyone else in my group does the same and continues to talk to each other as they did before.

initially i was also lucky enough to get an email everytime anyone anywhere in our 4000+ person workforce added/edited anything on yammer.

thanks for turning that function off ITS. you clever clogses.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.