View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

2012 travel plans

yoghurt  said about 2 years ago  or at  5:48PM on Wednesday, September 14 2011 in chat

What are your travel plans for 2012?

News, discussions, locations, ambitions

CaptainHowdy  said about 2 years ago:

new york city/toronto in the fall.

woolfat  said about 2 years ago:

I want to go back to romania.

yoghurt  said about 2 years ago:

I know Im heading to Cairns and Hamilton island in late March. Nothing to grand or exciting.

The other plan is to get to Europe, Morocco and West Africa later in the year, but we will see how we go with that one.

chickenchops  said about 2 years ago:

Somewhere close to home that can be done in two weeks. Frontrunner is Japan.

untold/animals  said about 2 years ago:

NZ? Indonesia?

NZ would be a good 2 week one. Depends what sort of holiday you want I guess.

gabbo  said about 2 years ago:

Sxsw, then Cleveland, then NY. in march. Hope that dollar holds.

redlips  said about 2 years ago:

Sxsw, then Cleveland, then NY. in march. Hope that dollar holds.

WANT!

(except I want New Orleans instead of Cleveland)

JRB  said about 2 years ago:

New Orleans --> Clarksdale --> Memphis --> Chicago

mrmagoo  said about 2 years ago:

PRIMAVERA!!!! Can't wait!

st_nick  said about 2 years ago:

Past the Rubicon

pagey  said about 2 years ago:

2011/2012 plans - Melbourne>KL>Frankfurt>Magdeburg>Berlin>Melbourne>Sydney>Tasmania>Melbourne>Berlin>Budapest>?

HEB  said about 2 years ago:

Melbourne

goldbuttons  said about 2 years ago:

Paris > Spain > Morocco > Italy > Hungary > Germany > Amsterdam > London > NYC > San Fran

(well, from November 30, but it's mostly a 2012 trip)

BigBoysSocks  said about 2 years ago:

Melbourne

Bundoora, Glen Iris, Fitzroy. Really wanting to explore some exotic locales. Really stretch myself. And with a family this is going to be tough.

Any tips?

NiteShok  said about 2 years ago:

Air New Zealand 24 hour sale ends at midnight tonight (ie in 3 hours). Return trips from around $240. http://www.airnewzealand.com.au/24-hour-sale

Well this thread really took flight

anonymous  said about 2 years ago:

going to the shops.

might get a bubble o'bill.

Hellzapoppin  said about 2 years ago:

Leave for Tasmania in a month. Cycling from Launceston, down the west coast to Hobart, then onto Bruny.

Canna fucking wait!

goldbuttons  said about 2 years ago:

I leave next week! Woo!

View Comments 20 to 54

We've limited the amount of comments shown in these larger topics to allow for faster viewing, simply click here to load all the missing comments ...

hsdfauof  said about 2 years ago:

I'm thinking of stopping my course, getting teaching english quals and spending some time in Europe.

k2  said about 2 years ago:

UK in September for a month.

Ghostface  said about 2 years ago:

I just quit my job, in 4 weeks I'm flying to Colombia, and driving from there down to Argentina over 4 months

no way. how come?

Dexter Ramone  said about 2 years ago:

Time for a change J-bob. 2012 is the year of change!

good man. it was for me too with the new job and new flat and the coachellaing and all that

is*

chrowens  said about 2 years ago:

Long shot but here it goes: This year I'm studying abroad in the US, and beforehand I'm doing a couple of cheap tours, first around NY and then down to the Grand Canyon, San Fran. Some of which will involve camping.

Obviously I need my laptop for uni once it starts, but I really don't want to carry it around for the tours. Has anyone had a similar issue?

Is it reliable and cheap to have someone later send the laptop to my college address from Australia? Or is there a way to store the laptop in a safe box or something and pick it up after the tours? Any other better ways?

rawr  said about 2 years ago:

where are you studying, chrowens? i'm heading stateside to study too. Sounds like there are a couple of other chats doing/have done the same.

(no idea about the laptop thing though)

That's great rawr, I'm off to the University of Texas in Austin. Where are you studying?

I don't know how you guys afford studying abroad, unless it's some kind of exchange program your'e going on.

Nice one! I'm going to SUNY at Buffalo, NY.

I think Nabila is on exchange at Columbia in NYC at the moment too?

This thread is depressing.

Yeah I'm on an exchange program, so no extra uni fees or anything. Accommodation is a little expensive but it's definitely manageable. And from all reports should be a great experience

ashtray  said about 2 years ago:

I'm thinking a trip to Chicago in November. Start in LA, bus to San Fran, bus to Portland and then fly to Chicago. Logical series of travel, yeah?

And from all reports should be a great experience

Totally. All the texans I've met have been lovely people, for what it's worth.

I'll be a very poor international student, but cost of living in buffalo is pretty cheap from what I can gather. I should start a thread for OS/exchange students on here...

chickenchops  said about 2 years ago:

Fuckit, I'm going to sneak off to Beijing in November for a week with an expat mate. Seems cheap as and will also include a year of Chinee dog-eating jokes from my dad.

HEB  said about 1 year ago:

Melbourne

*again

dimestorehood  said about 1 year ago:

I'm thinking a trip to Chicago in November. Start in LA, bus to San Fran, bus to Portland and then fly to Chicago. Logical series of travel, yeah?

Hey ashtray, this might be ancient news for you but I did this trip, in reverse order, the last time I was Stateside.. Instead of buses, however, I took rideshares from Craigslist. I paid $30-$40 in gas for each trip, met some kinda kooky people and managed to avail of homestays in both cases. I've also done this I-5 route before on the Greyhound bus and it's fine, but I've heard it's getting expensive. My flight from Chicago to Portland was around $200.

dimestorehood  said about 1 year ago:

In answer to your question, yes a good 1-2-3-4.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.