View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

american horror story (tv)

anok  said about 3 years ago  or at  6:49AM on Wednesday, October 26 2011 in television

watched the hilarious(ly bad) pilot for this the other night, only to discover it's coming to FTA this weekend.

wikipedia

from the makers of nip/tuck and, uh, glee.

sobwank #tearjerk

bungle  said about 3 years ago:

yeah it's terrible

could barely sit through the pilot

anok  said about 3 years ago:

wow. hashtag debacle.

CaptainHowdy  said about 2 years ago:

this show is a hot mess.

i was impressed when i noticed violet could be seen reading nana in the last episode. nerdy.

Coz  said about 2 years ago:

SHE JUST BIT HIS COCK OFF!!

Hellzapoppin  said about 2 years ago:

Pffff, John Irving did that years ago.

CaptainHowdy  said about 2 years ago:

i changed my mind about AmHoSto, despite the recent appearance of the delightful sarah paulson. the show's gone from being gloriously awful to just plain awful. i'll see it through to the end of the season but then i'm done.

Ghostface  said about 2 years ago:

At first I was all like

WOOAAHHHH

but then I was like

MEH.

although this chick, damn.

Be careful ghostface, or she'll bite your dick off too.

tinyman  said about 2 years ago:

sad to have missed dick biting. it'll appear on the internet in gif form, right?

If you don't watch this show regularly tiny, then you also would have missed the bit where it appeared that Hayden put the dog in the microwave until it exploded.

tinyman  said about 2 years ago:

aw, this show sounds like GOLD!

ChrisBrimstone  said about 2 years ago:

this show is amazing. utterly nuts

GrantleyBuffalo  said about 2 years ago:

I've been watching this on & off... it's mildly diverting and potentially intriguing, but not scary OR memorable in the least.

Case in point: I saw the dick-munching episode a few weeks ago, and immediately forgot that even happened. Moments like that should be memorable, I reckon.

Also: the promo shots featuring gimp-suit-guy hanging from the ceiling in a red-walled room were blatant false advertising.

But Jessica Lange is amazing, so it evens out.

And young hot maid.

And the permanent look on the main woman's face that seems to say, ''Yes, I farted. And yes, it stinks. But it's ALL YOUR FAULT.''

But she's pregnant to gimp suit ghost!

TheBastard  said about 2 years ago:

I saw a bit of this show, then switched off. Isn't like, a re-hashed version of the Twighlight Zone or something?

gah

Twilight*

Coz said 27 minutes ago:
But she's pregnant to gimp suit ghost!

Exactly! She should be radiant and full of love & joy, not all farty-faced. Women, I tells ya!

TheBastard said 3 minutes ago:
I saw a bit of this show, then switched off. Isn't like, a re-hashed version of the Twilight* Zone or something?

Nah, not really. It's about a family with problems who move into a house with bigger problems - ie. a long and bloody history of murders. Each episode seems to show us a new murder that took place in the ahem - Murder House.

Yes, it is very, very silly.

Oh. Joy. THAT isn't depressing at all

It's too over-the-top to be too depressing, but there have been a couple of ''real life'' kinda things that were a little disturbing.

(Not the penis-biting. Did I mention that I forgot that even happened?)

It's not depressing at all (or scary). But I like how it's a little warped.

(Not the penis-biting. Did I mention that I forgot that even happened?)

err...Maybe if its a common occurence?

Yeah, good point. I'm desensitised to any genital mutilation after my ex took off with my balls.

happycow  said about 2 years ago:

Just started watching this and am most of the way through already. Don't get the hate, this show is fantastic. Classical style, engaging plot, take it for what it is. It does what it does very well. Have been really enjoying it.

turkey_sandwich  said about 2 years ago:

ha.. i reckon it's absolute trash

I agree with happycow. And tinyman, don't forget this is on in an hour!

Okay, last night's episode was pretty bad. But all the others I've seen have been good! And next week's episode was advertised with clips of smoking hot lesbo action involving Moira.

I watched the most recent episode (ep 11) last night... and I have no idea where the heck this show is heading. Hopefully the writers do.

Tonight's episode is deliciously twisted.

Ghostface  said about 2 years ago:

Final ep is uuuurgh. And not in a good way

Final ep is uuuurgh. And not in a good way

More uuuuurgh than Vivian dying after bleeding out during childbirth, pan to long shot showing her dead and spread-eagle under a blood-stained white sheet?

If all the family are dying in the house, who are the live people in the next season going to be? Or is it a one-season wonder? 2/3 of the family are dead now.

klaximopark  said about 2 years ago:

Have watched the first two eps. It's a fun show!

seahunt  said about 1 year ago:

Started on season 2. Intense.

sharptooth  said about 1 year ago:

it's amazing and awful and insane!
aliens, psychopaths, nazis, the devil, adam levine getting murdered… it's got it all! i kind of love it

Tramdriver  said about 1 year ago:

I thought the first season was dumb- did in 12 episodes what it probably could've done in 6. I am innerested in season 2 - sounds kinda ''The House on Haunted Hill''.

i just finished watching season 2 last night – it's pretty hilarious and silly. looks like the cast are having a ball.

also, anything that features zachary quintos splendid eyebrows is alright with me

Little Ted  said about 1 year ago:

Sharps you are spot on! it was so fun, especially the time they danced to the 'Name Game' song.. I like your style.. can you recommend anything else you like?
I am i a bit of a lull, televisually.

little ted – haven't seen anything as batshit insane as AHS recently, but i've been getting into a cartoon called Adventure Time like a loony. it's joyous.

moribunderast  said about 1 year ago:

Season 2 of AHS was fucken great. They get to a point mid-season where there are that many ridiculous, insane things going on that you just have to sit back and admire it. You're right about the cast, too, sharptooth - they clearly relish it. I could watch Lang and Cromwell chew the scenery while discussing nazism, asylums and mutants all day.

Little Ted  said about 1 year ago:

Oh yes I know that one Sharps.. if you don't mind the odd wacky cartoon defs watch Archer.
if I think of other good shows I will report back. I am watching Fringe and The Killing at the moment.

TheGreenFairy  said about 1 year ago:

I found season 2 kinda lost the plot about mid-season. It went from good to ridiculous very quickly.Admittedly I did miss an episode or two in there, and when that happened it was just like ''dafuq is dis?''

Last night's episode was awesome though. Let's hope this season keeps itself under control.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.