View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

Dear Helvetica Neue addict...

flukazoid  said about 2 years ago  or at  12:23PM on Friday, December 30 2011 in stupidity

Just because it's a decent typeface with an extensive range of variations, doesn't mean it makes your ad banners a good design.

I'm beginning to get ill looking at them.

Urquhart Bluff  said about 2 years ago:

Yeah? I think the Copperplate Gothic Bold offenders are worse. That shit is EVERYWHERE!

tugboat  said about 2 years ago:

Dan_Crad  said about 2 years ago:

livingincanada  said about 2 years ago:

avatar is definitely to blame. that font sux

hustleandmuscle  said about 2 years ago:

stretched arial is where it's at

nicko_mcbrain  said about 2 years ago:

''avatar is definitely to blame. that font sux''

No way - Payrus has been the go-to font for new age fucktards touting everything from lentils to homeopathy for years.

nicko_mcbrain  said about 2 years ago:

Papyrus.

flukazoid  said about 2 years ago:

for those wondering, I was referring to...

all of the above nominations definitely deserve mention though.

remember when people used to use Brush Script?

thedropkick  said about 2 years ago:

Arial black isn't it?

flukazoid  said about 2 years ago:

Huh, guess what - looks like it's neither. I just took a closer look, comparing Helv Neue 95, Helv Black and Arial Black and it appears that it may be none of them. It's the 'e' that gives it away.

livingincanada  said about 2 years ago:

No way - Payrus has been the go-to font for new age fucktards touting everything from lentils to homeopathy for years.

so true! avatar just took it to the masses ''this movie is about saving an indigenous species of freakish looking tree huggers... ohhh let's use papyrus!''

The font was created in 1982 by Chris Costello and released the next year to foundry Letraset. It was hand-drawn over a period of six months by means of calligraphy pen and textured paper. Costello described his goal as a font that would represent what English language texts would have looked like if written on papyrus 2000 years ago.

people who watch fonts need to get a life

hustleandmuscle  said about 2 years ago:

with the m&n gif my best guest (judging only from the s) is akzidenz grotesk but probably wrong

juicenewton*  said about 2 years ago:

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.