View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

japanese schoolgirl prostitutes.

samiek  said about 9 months ago  or at  1:44AM on Thursday, October 17 2013 in chat

The growing practice of older men meeting teenage girls for ''enjo kosai'' - ''compensated dates'' - has triggered a public outcry here. Alarmed parents and authorities say the rendezvous are leading to more teenage prostitution.
The business has been helped by a loophole in the local criminal code - Tokyo and nearby Nagano are the only areas in Japan that have no laws specifically banning sex with a minor.

samiek  said about 9 months ago:

The first thing you need to know is that age of sexual consent in Japan is 13. A recent article in the international press states that prostitution is rife in Japanese schools, with schoolgirls of ever younger ages selling their bodies for extra spending money, both to adults and amongst themselves.

samiek  said about 9 months ago:

Cases show that high school students sold their wares to one another for a paltry ¥3,000 ($36), while junior high kids charged even less.

This is not about getting rich. It's about getting pocket change.

black wasp!  said about 9 months ago:

Source?

Pex  said about 9 months ago:

and why should we give a fuck?

that's the spirit pex

happycow  said about 9 months ago:

Source?

Yeah, I too would like a source, though I'm not going to type ''Japanese schoolgirl prostitutes'' into google at least until i get home from work.

I did a quick search for enjo kosai, and my first click was a gaijin forum where lots of derogatory comments about the Japanese quickly devolved into ageist namecalling. Encouraging!

GrantleyBuffalo  said about 9 months ago:

Asobi seksu

GrantleyBuffalo  said about 9 months ago:

Wouldn't they rather us call them ''Japanese schoolgirl sex workers''? Don't want to demean them.

Ghostface  said about 9 months ago:

whatever happened to Asobi Seksu? They weren't too bad

k2  said about 9 months ago:

This does exist and has been going for at least 20 years. The extent of it is up for debate though.

whatever happened to Asobi Seksu? They weren't too bad

They released an album after the good one and it was fucking horrible.

Pex  said about 9 months ago:

yes, it's been going on for ages, and not only in Japan. probably pretty much everywhere in the world.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.