News Of The World - Mk II

HEB  said about 8 years ago  or at  11:13AM on Sunday, July 9 2006 in books

...and other UK red tops...

This week:

• Girls Aloud to split

Want more? Look yerself

Hazard_Man  said about 8 years ago:

OMG no!

Now there's no chance of selling those 40 copies of their album we have at work that havn't moved!
JB, you've done it again!

hiponion  said about 8 years ago:

Girls Aloud to split?! Whatever shall we do!?

I'm more interested in this:

CRISTIANO RONALDO last night launched a scathing attack on Alex Ferguson and Manchester United, insisting: "I have to quit and join Real Madrid."

The Portugal superstar blames boss Ferguson and owner Malcolm Glazer for forcing him out of Old Trafford in the wake of his World Cup bust-up with Wayne Rooney.

Ronaldo said: "They are the ones who are driving me away from the country.

"There are no conditions for me to continue at Manchester. I am calm and my agent Jorge Mendes is taking care of my situation. There is only one club I want to join."

Ronaldo accused Fergie and Glazer of failing to defend him after he helped get Rooney sent off in last week's World Cup quarter-final against England.

Ronaldo, speaking after Portugal had lost 3-1 to Germany in the third-place play-off, said: "Neither the president nor the manager have defended me over what happened. I don't want to be rude about anyone but they should have.

"I feel fragile at this time. I didn't do anything wrong to anybody. I was not at fault for what happened. I think my situation will be resolved in two or three days.

"To be honest it's very difficult to see that my future will be in Manchester. I've already said some time ago that I wish to play in Spain and I hope that can happen."

Ronaldo caused furore at United two weeks ago when he announced he had struck a deal with Real presidential candidate Juan Villar Mir.

Even though Mir lost out to Ramon Calderon in last weekend's election, Ronaldo still wants the move to go ahead.

Earlier, it was revealed Rooney had pleaded with Ronaldo to stay AND that the Portuguese winger's Cheshire home had been vandalised.

A window was smashed and the front door of his Poynton pad damaged after the quarter-final victory over England.

That has only reinforced Ronaldo's desire to quit, even though he and Rooney have been exchanging text messages all week.

Rooney has made it clear he held no grudges and has been telling Ronaldo how much he wanted him to stay at Old Trafford.

Rooney told him: "It is time to put all this behind us. I am looking forward to playing alongside you for Manchester United next season."

But his outburst last night will make it impossible for him to stay in Manchester.

Ronaldo is due to return home after a two-week break despite concerns for his safety.

Asked if he was on his way out of the club he replied bluntly: "I guess so.

Ronaldo was speaking after Portugal had lost 3-1 to Germany in the World Cup third-place play-off-and after Rooney had pleaded with him to stay.

The cheating Portuguese star has been lambasted for his play-acting in England as well as Germany but he remains unrepentant.

He adde d:" I don't care about the pressure from the English media. They lost two or three times against Portugal and they've got irritated. I don't care about that I just do my work. I am in a group that helps me very much and as for the English press everone knows how they work.

HEB  said about 8 years ago:

Don't forget to vote in the online poll:

Have you had sex with a work colleague?

I voted and no-one else had - so it 100% vs. 0% for a while... Ha!

hahahaha

temporarybenbutler  said about 8 years ago:

Dull, dull, dull this week...

hughsie  said about 8 years ago:

oh sven. what will he get up to next time.

More interesting this week:

• George Michael's cottage on the heath [with disappointing pics]
  • Yorkshire Ripper speaks
  • Portillo eats out [but not out]
  • Paedo watch
  • Secret sister of Oasis brothers - without monobrow
  • Welsey Snipes bedroom expose
  • C-list celeb secrets
  • Football stuff....

BLADE bloodsucker Wesley Snipes drizzled a jug of warm chocolate sauce over a nude brunette, fed her juicy strawberries then nibbled the base of her neck and growled: "I'm being a vampire."

Not your average night at the Cardiff Hilton.

GM not happy with the NotW pics - but is gonna sue the photographer, not the paper!

Star to sue over 'cruising' claim

Thursday, 27 July 2006, 21:29 GMT 22:29 UK

George Michael says he is to take legal action against a man who claimed he had a gay encounter with the pop star.

Allegations of "cruising" on London's Hampstead Heath were printed in the News of the World, but Michael said he would not sue it or its proprietor. He also plans to sue photographers for harassment and said he should not have to keep defending his private life, as he had done nothing illegal this year. He also denied a civil ceremony with his long-term partner was cancelled.

Michael, 43, told BBC News 24: "I'm suing the individual involved who I have never, ever seen, let alone wanted to have any kind of sexual encounter with, and I'm currently investigating suing the secondary sources of libel." He said those sources had added to "Rupert Murdoch's story" by saying his partner Kenny Goss had called off their civil partnership ceremony but when he had received £1 million he had reconsidered having the event. "These are things that are not really acceptable," Michael said.

However, he said he was not prepared to sue the News of the World or Mr Murdoch. "I'm not talking about money, I'm talking about [whether] you want to be destroyed." He said he was taking legal action against the photographers "because they're harassing me and I should not have to worry about who's watching me at 2.30 in the morning."

He said he was "sick" of coverage of his private life. "I have done nothing this year against the law, I've done nothing to encourage talk about my sex life. "The question is not whether I bring it to the public, but it is why do I have to defend it in public because I don't want to talk about it at all"

Regarding Hampstead Heath, he said: "I don't know anybody who actually goes to Hampstead Heath at two o'clock in the morning for anything other than the reason of playing about with another member of the human race. "If they are there, then they are a little bit strange or they just don't know the local area."

Michael's problems with the law include being cautioned by police in March for possessing cannabis following his arrest in London's West End in February. He had been found by police asleep at the wheel of his car. Back in 1998 he was arrested in a public toilet in Los Angeles after attempting to solicit an undercover police officer. His conviction for lewd conduct resulted in a $450 (£270) fine and 80 hours community service.

Saw a bit of an interview with George this morning in which he acquitted himself very well. Will see if I can dig it up...

Bah, all the summaries include the word "shame", which is the one thing he's definitely not feeling. What a load.

PelicanGodOfJupiter  said about 8 years ago:

Girls Aloud to split?

That's fucked.

I hear two members are starting up a new three piece pop group with some dude they met in Australia...

What's that in yr pocket FYA?

Left pocket, ipod + phone, right pocket, wallet.

shirt pocket, cigarettes

You look like a ventriloquist there!

This week...

• Terrorist or paedo?
  • Blair says don't criticise Israel
  • Portillo plays again
  • Allen Carr stopped too late - lung cancer
  • Sven no longer a Nancy boy
  • BB bore
  • Uma plugging
  • B list on parade x3
  • Footy, cricket and F-1

On the front page there's a giant George Michael "new shame" banner, but it doesn't link through to anything.

Vendetta, much?

George spanked NOTW pretty hard during the week.

View Comments 20 to 581

We've limited the amount of comments shown in these larger topics to allow for faster viewing, simply click here to load all the missing comments ...

hungryhungryhippo  said about 2 years ago:

http://m.theage.com.au/world/ruperts-revenge-expm-denies-war-cry-as-the-hits-keep-coming-at-leveson-inquiry-20120426-1xm1a.html

It's almost impossible to believe that a fellow parent would have tipped off the Murdoch press about the Gordon's sick
daughter. It's pretty much impossible to believe anything Rupert or James say at all.

temporarybenbutler  said about 2 years ago:

Grauniad says decision on whether to charge Brooks with perverting the course of justice due real soon now.

Charged with three counts of conspiring to pervert the course of justice.

pfinger18  said about 2 years ago:

YAY!

Her hubby (also charged) said he doubts she can get a fair trial due to adverse publicity. Which is pretty breathtaking hypocricy, really.

hypocrisy, dang

Appeared before the court and bailed today.

HEB  said about 2 years ago:

hungryhungryhippo  said about 1 year ago:

Rupert not so humble, hopefully recalled.

pfinger18  said about 11 months ago:

So Andy Coulson and Rebecca Brooks were shagging.

hungryhungryhippo  said about 11 months ago:

British to the core.

Root rats.

black wasp!  said about 11 months ago:

his damp-tipped bespectacled penis entering her molten chamber of clout, repeatedly

Sunnyboyz  said about 11 months ago:

barebacking scandal.

Sunnyboyz  said about 11 months ago:

So Andy Coulson and Rebecca Brooks were shagging.

allegedly, says a source close to them

pfinger18  said about 8 months ago:

Hilarious CCTV footage of Rebecca & Charlie trying to hide evidence (allegedly): http://youtu.be/1VzAZh_kAAU

It needs some circus music behind it, or some comedy horns.

whatwhat  said about 3 months ago:

Who the fuck did Murdoch pay to ensure Rebekah Brooks got cleared??

pfinger18  said about 3 months ago:

Makes me so fucking mad. She admitted in a previous hearing to paying the police for stories! Peter Greste goes to jail for 7 years and she walks free. Totally fucked.

whatwhat  said about 3 months ago:

I just can't comprehend it.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.