View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

Party Down

slothman  said about 4 years ago  or at  2:25PM on Monday, April 12 2010 in television

Just saw the first two episodes of season 2 yesterday and enjoyed it greatly. Reminded me a bit of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Apparently Season 1 is out on DVD in America. Anyone here seen it?

Modi  said about 4 years ago:

I have... a copy of it, but haven't watched it yet

turtle  said about 4 years ago:

I didn't mind it, some really funny parts in it, think the characters are pretty good too - I like Ron and Roman the best..

haven't seen season 2 though

outerspacextrapnel  said about 4 years ago:

I watched an episode the other day. Anyone got a torrent for it?

en la noche  said about 4 years ago:

I've watched through the first season. good show. i would marry lizzy caplan for sure.

kazpatafta  said about 4 years ago:

lizzy caplan is awesome.

i'm up to the second ep of season 2. i like it a lot. much better than stuff like 30 rock and community

en la noche  said about 4 years ago:

yeah it's probably overtaken 30 rock now. still love community the most though!

drugshakehands  said about 4 years ago:

season 2 has been awesome so far, i don't think there has been a weak episode in the whole series. hopefully the russian mobsters will be back for the last episode.

hyperfuzz  said about 4 years ago:

watched all of season 2 yesterday (which was great)... and woke up to find it's been cancelled.

kazpatafta  said about 4 years ago:

ah that sucks.

guess the writing was on the wall after adam scott signed up for parks and rec a while back

slothman  said about 4 years ago:

yeah. it's a shame but at least it died young and left a pretty corpse.

don't open the casket! i've got this really wierd boner

percolator  said about 4 years ago:

First series started on foxtel last night. Liked it a lot.

eucalypt  said about 4 years ago:

awesome show.

101010101010101  said about 4 years ago:

I just finished watching this.

Goddamn brilliant.

SpringRain  said about 4 years ago:

could have been better, but ron was pretty hilarious and the main guy was really funny when he was stoned

if roman really wants to see her tits all he has to do is rent season one of true blood (don't let this mention of that show derail the thread, please). she's sure to have a legion of life long fans

i guess when the main guy is supposed to play an a actor who's given up on getting his big break you can't really keep going with the show when he blows up.

i saw ron in an old episode of reno! 911 recently.

finished season 2 last week, not a weak episode in there.

I loved new Ron, and then new new Ron

bungle  said about 4 years ago:

I loved this show. Really good characters and funny.

It was also fun to play 'spot the dude from other cult shows'.

roman is great!

roman is great!

I couldn't stop laughing at the episode where they are the community theatre, and Roman reveals he is a writer, and then some wierd shit starts to happen behind the bar with some of the actors..hilarious...or the episode at Constance wedding where he sees the serpent, he is great

i recently saw Freaks and Geeks for the first time and he's outstanding in that.

hang on! was the guidence counsellor in F&G the sci-fi author in Party Down? i think he was.

dr.melfi  said about 4 years ago:

this show makes me wanna get high with a cute and awkward bartender

bungle  said about 4 years ago:

hang on! was the guidence counsellor in F&G the sci-fi author in Party Down? i think he was.

the main girl in party down also has a small part in F&G as jason segel's girlfriend.

Yes! I couldn't remember where I had seen him before, mystery solved

yeah. there's also a few of them that show up in veronica mars (the mrs watched the entire series recently, i thought it was pretty bad and kind of tarnished party down. then i saw the steve guttenberg episode of season 2 and all was forgiven)

percolator  said about 3 years ago:

thursday nights on ABC2!

esquared  said about 3 years ago:

oh awesome, hope more folks see it.

buttonselgringo  said about 3 years ago:

this show is funny.

turtle  said about 3 years ago:

slothman  said about 3 years ago:

nice read, thanks turtle

poprocks96  said about 3 years ago:

Adam Scott makes me swoon.

Velodrone  said about 3 years ago:

Basically Martin Starr kills it. Kristen Bell is great in it as bitch (especially after seeing her not-so-bitchy in Veronica Mars). The first season was kind of okay.. watched two episodes of season two last night and I was digging it a lot more.

Good program, add it to the pile of programs that got cancelled too early (Freaks & Geeks, Undeclared, Veronica Mars...)

raincoat  said about 3 years ago:

favourite new show

Velodrone  said about 3 years ago:

Season 2 has made me feel uncomfortable like the UK version of The Office did.

They've succeeded.

GrantleyBuffalo  said about 2 years ago:

Awesome. I miss Ron Donald more than I thought I would...

At Party Down we have a simple motto: it's your party, you deserve to enjoy it, but how are you going to enjoy the party if you're worried about whether the shrimp cocktail has been sitting out too long, or is there enough ice, or do the guests think the party is lame, or are they stealing stuff, or are they going through the medicine cabinet because they're nosy or because they think they might find something that'll give them a rocking buzz? I used to do that last thing. Not anymore. Clean and sober.

CaptainHowdy  said about 2 years ago:

party down is showing on ABC2 now. it started a couple of weeks ago. first two episodes on iView.

black wasp!  said about 2 years ago:

Yes! It's so good.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.