View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

Louis CK - Louie

slothman  said about 4 years ago  or at  3:40PM on Monday, September 13 2010 in television

Anybody else seen this show? it's kind of like Curb Your Enthusiasm but maybe even a bit more candid. Some really funny stuff. There's a fair whack of the show that's stand-up routines and he really pushes the barriers of.... for want of a better word, decency.

eg. I hate talking to my Mom. When she starts talking I think 'Can there please be another 9/11 and someone calls me about it so I don't have to talk to you'.

but the way he tells it is funny.

Morris Iemma  said about 4 years ago:

I've seen some of his stuff (his video about the Catholic Chruch and their ideology of boy-fucking was quite good, if I remember correctly), so perhaps this show would be worth checking out?

Then, do we need another version of Curb Your Enthusiasm?

bigdaddykane  said about 3 years ago:

Anyone got a ticket to the Melb show they wanna sell?

mud  said about 3 years ago:

This thread not good enough for you?

In fairness, CK's show naming makes it tricky.

slothman  said about 3 years ago:

he was piss funny on Conan recently.

''GO AWAY, JEWS!''

klaximopark  said about 2 years ago:

His latest standup movie, Louis CK: Live at the Beacon Theater can be downloaded here and it only costs $5 to buy the download direct from the dude himself (um...figuratively) rather than paying the man.

I endorse this.

kazpatafta  said about 2 years ago:

His best special yet I reckon.

Hellzapoppin  said about 2 years ago:

''Chinese Babies''

Gold!

mrmagoo  said about 2 years ago:

will get it, i'm assuming it's a lot of the same stuff from when he was here??

slothman  said about 2 years ago:

looking forward to watching that. piss funny dude.

humanityisthedevil  said about 2 years ago:

will get it, i'm assuming it's a lot of the same stuff from when he was here??

Yeah parts appear, but they are often executed in a different manner. There's also a lot of stuff that wasn't a part of the set I saw in Melbourne.

NiteShok  said about 2 years ago:

He's sold over 110,000 copies of the $5 web special in 4 days. Amazing. https://buy.louisck.net/statement

that's pretty cool niteshok. and the show is awesome, watched it last night with some friends. highly recommended!

Zac  said about 2 years ago:

whoa!

cowbell1  said about 2 years ago:

Just finished season 1 of Louis C.K love it ...so funny

tugboat  said about 2 years ago:

Really touching statement/article.
People should start selling music this way.
Cheaper mp3 on Bandcamp.

NiteShok  said about 2 years ago:

The show was awesome. The bit that sticks in my mind is him playing at a pool with his daughters, and some other unloved, poorly-parented child trying to get in on the fun, and him shaking the kid off ''like a rat''.

dazmurray  said about 2 years ago:

Great show. I loved the pilot the best.

prince  said about 2 years ago:

there is a two hour podcast with this guy from a few days ago with bill simmons the sports guy for anyone interested.

slothman  said about 1 year ago:

the WTF with Louis C.K on youtube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gw125AZtDU

NiteShok  said about 1 year ago:

Cheers sloth. I'm halfway through. The trumpet story!!

honesty

sting-bono  said about 1 year ago:

The dentist scene with osama bin laden putting a banana in his mouth made me lose my shit

Yeah that was a great listen overall. I like the close examining of the history between Marc and Louis. And Louis having a moment when talking about his first daughter being born.

sting-bono said 3 days ago:

The dentist scene with osama bin laden putting a banana in his mouth made me lose my shit

i like the expression ''a 9/11-y thing....''

sting-bono  said about 1 year ago:

This is a horrible thing to say, not that that's ever stopped me, but Louie's youngest daughter in the show reminds me of gollum from lotr. it does my head in.

definitely  said about 1 year ago:

Oh My God aired over the weekend. I'm downloading now. I wish I had some weed.

it's pretty fkn funny. hard to imagine how anyone who already likes louis ck couldn't get into it.

LoadMyRig  said about 1 year ago:

is he selling it on his site for five bucks yet?

Slow start to 'Oh My God' I thought. Some weird riffs that I didn't connect with, but some great laughs as well. I think it's his weakest special yet. But still good by his high standards.

In September, Loadie

He sent out a funny, long email to his mailing list yesterday. I can copy/paste if you wish

LoadMyRig  said about 1 year ago:

actually i got that email! just haven't read it yet. thanks niteshok.

GrantleyBuffalo  said about 1 year ago:

Damn, I thought it was gonna be on his site now. I'm happy to justify my piracy today by buying it in September. I'll even pay $10.

/conscience

you're a good egg, grantley

Are you happy to repeat that under oath?

in so far as what you posted in that last comment....... i guess

Good enough!

fzchk  said about 1 year ago:

Not the show Louie, but I'm watching a stand-up show of his, fantastic quote ''women, they accept the dick with grace, and then turn it into art.''

I'm impressed.

mark  said about 1 year ago:

A legend...love his stuff

hey, fans of louie!

what's your number?

the # of people you'd like to fuck you up the arse?

?yr#?

Wonsly  said about 2 months ago:

Question, can anyone tell me which are the episodes in louie series 4 that have a multi episode arch? I want to download some of the episodes with a story that goes for more than one episode.
Thanks

slothman  said about 2 months ago:

Wonsly  said about 2 months ago:

I really love Louie as a stand up, and i have tried so hard to like his tv shows, plus i really admire how he has led his career and life, but i cant go on like this any longer, i have to finally accept that Louie is a shitty excuse for a tv show.

bigdaddykane  said about 2 months ago:

Agreed Wonsly!

mark  said about 2 months ago:

Wonsky, I just watched half of Brooklyn Nine Nine which is winning a tonne of awards and all I could think of, was, what crap is this. I also struggle through Modern Family that has also won a heap of awards. These shows do not even come close to the brilliance of Louie. The humour of the last scene as he got in the tub or the scene where the waiter translates his letter was funnier than anything theose other two shows could ever produce.It's all comparitive...

mud  said about 2 months ago:

I also completely disagree with Wonsly and bigdaddykane, but I'm just delighted to see some differing opinions on the show. Step out of the echo chamber for a bit.

bigdaddykane  said about 2 months ago:

Look, I think the shows just alright, it's not worth the hype and it's nothing on his stand up. Its all a bit self important and I emphasise 'important', whereas his bits about jacking it just tickle me more.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.