View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

People aren't fucked

101010101010101  said about 4 years ago  or at  1:12PM on Tuesday, November 2 2010 in stupidity

I dropped a $50 note at an ATM last week and a teenage boy ran 20 or so metres to give it back to me.

Share your anti-fucked stories.

untold/animals  said about 4 years ago:

__ is celibizzle.

untold/animals  said about 4 years ago:

(My dizzle.)

hungryhungryhippo  said about 4 years ago:

The lady at the milkbar rang the newsagents to get more copies of the papers, as when I came in they had run out already. She held one back for me while I went to get a coffee.

NOT FUCKED.

columbo  said about 4 years ago:

i was about to buy a case of VB stubbies (24pk) the other day and the guy at the bottle-o stopped me & said ''hold up mate - i can do em cheaper!''

he ran out to another part of the coolroom & he got me 2x 15packs so I GOT EVEN MORE and the whole lot cost $7 less than the other case

you bluddy legend rippa mate

Mo  said about 4 years ago:

i believe in the inherent goodness of people

i like this thread

je_me_demande  said about 4 years ago:

mo has obviously never read any baudelaire, sartre or nietzsche. kinda wish i was that ignorant!

i've never been ripped off on eBay

TransientRandom  said about 4 years ago:

mo has obviously never read any baudelaire, sartre or nietzsche. kinda wish i was that ignorant!

You're probably the ignorant one if everything you read becomes so ingrained in your psyche you can't seperate it from your own personally formed beliefs!

je_me_demande said 21 minutes ago:

coming from a fucking untermensch like yourself???

eat me you moron

101010101010101  said about 4 years ago:

DO NOT SULLY THE THREAD OF BENEVOLENCE WITH YOUR INSOLENCE, JEMEDEMANDE!

demendemande just likes to try and have little digs at me

but deep down inside i believe he is NOT a douchebag twat, just a damaged soul who needs love

Why are people so unkind?

FarmlandCola  said about 4 years ago:

Last night a guy knocked on my door to let me know I'd accidentally left a guitar leaning against the car - I'm so lucky it wasn't stolen

Also had a builder over at the house last week - he had the boot of his car open and the car keys sticking out the door. A guys knocked on the door to say he had just interrupted a kid who was digging through the boot and about to swipe the car keys and probably the car

steveholt  said about 4 years ago:

Russian lady on in Alterations shop High St Northcote fixed my pants which were ripped for free.

Left my phone at Ray's on Sunday - and nobody stole it.

Grandpa fell over walking to bus stop and 3 people stopped their cars to help and one walked him home.

People no be fucked.

chickenchops  said about 4 years ago:

Mum sent me two jars of tomato relish in the post, to 'see you right til Christmas.'

101010101010101  said about 4 years ago:

Seven people said 'bless you' on my way into work when I sneezed this morning.

LoadMyRig  said about 4 years ago:

this is my new favourite thread. i hope to be able to contribute to it soon :D

JudyDickslap  said about 4 years ago:

Dropped my wallet at the Great Britain on Saturday. Someone handed it in.

fzchk  said about 4 years ago:

Two people stopped and picked me up off the road when I crashed my bike into a tram track AND a person stopped in their car to ask whether everything was ok.

Jazzy  said about 4 years ago:

It would be interesting to do a study on the people that think others are fucked and then one that don't. Just to see if there was any common pattern that you could find.

View Comments 20 to 145

We've limited the amount of comments shown in these larger topics to allow for faster viewing, simply click here to load all the missing comments ...

clarebear  said about 2 years ago:

awww... thanks loadie.

sonian  said about 2 years ago:

Someone made this place a reality. I am losing my mind with excitement.

pollyphonic  said about 2 years ago:

Wow... that place looks incredible.

Luckily for me it's here in Melbs so I can totally check it out!!!

Sunnyboyz  said about 2 years ago:

I know there is loads of foam, but I can still sense a huge personal liability problem... I wonder what you'll have to sign to enter?

slothman  said about 2 years ago:

can't get that link to work. but a whole joint made of trampolines is one of my childhood dreams come true. awesome!

fzchk  said about 2 years ago:

Someone made this place a reality. I am losing my mind with excitement.

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

Brian O'Dwyer  said about 2 years ago:

LoadMyRig  said about 1 year ago:

GO LION GUARDIANS.

i'll mention it here where it belongs - thank you ocelotl for introducing me to ingrid's haven

ocelotl  said about 1 year ago:

Y'welcome! Anyone round Melbourne looking to adopt a cat, send 'em to Ingrid's.

pollyphonic  said about 1 year ago:

Oh that lion guardians thing is wonderful!!!

slothman  said about 1 year ago:

not trying to be fucked but that lion guardian who was pictured is severely bosseyed (it crowd, not fucked)

nomad  said about 1 year ago:

Even though there are fucked elements to this story (the phrase ''10 of whom had their penises amputated because of their wounds'' is a giveaway), but the gist of it is, I think, kind of cool. They just need to get their incibis and ikhankathas up to scratch… um, bad choice of words. Anyway:

Why a white South African risked traditional circumcision

that lion guardian who was pictured is severely bosseyed

Whatchootalkinbout?
Both eyes are looking that way! >>

The Graves of a Catholic woman and her Protestant husband, Holland

Fuckin' hell. Making me teary.

LoadMyRig  said about 1 year ago:

too busy looking at his body and jewels

gabbo  said about 1 year ago:

San Francisco and Bat Kid.

Bat Kid gets his wish

tugboat  said about 8 months ago:

http://sftimes.co/?id=115&src=twt_115

When MIT discovered Kelvin, he was living in utter poverty. But that didn't stop this engineering whiz kid from building something amazing.
:`)

k2  said about 8 months ago:

This is pretty great

What we are going to do?

The Truck will visit a rotating schedule of well-publicised locations where it will sell fruit and vegetables, whole foods and other healthy items.

We will:

· Sell to asylum seekers at a 75% life-saving discount

· Sell direct to the public at market rates

· Purchase our produce from Australian Farmers

Operating a sustainable, social enterprise model, the Food Justice Truck will enable asylum seekers to purchase $80 worth of food for $20.

We’re also supporting Australian Farmers by purchasing all our fresh produce for the FJT from Spade & Barrow – a wholesale business that buys the whole crop, paying Australian farmers fairly and minimising waste.

Why are we doing this?

Asylum seekers are the only group where the majority of their community lives with no ability to earn an income or with no access to a safety net, because:

· Many asylum seekers are denied the right to work, making it impossible to earn a living;

· Many have no access to any income support payments, due to narrow eligibility requirements. No asylum seeker gets Centrelink benefits.

Asylum seekers have on average $20 per week for food. It costs $130 a week to feed an adult male well in Australia.

The Food Justice Truck will allow us to hit the road and reach more asylums seekers where they are, providing access to fresh food at an affordable price.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.