View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

anyone worked for Arts Victoria?

usrename  said about 7 years ago  or at  11:04AM on Thursday, June 29 2006 in chat

there's a job going and wondering if they are a hopeless bunch of buffoons or are an alright bunch of blokes n stuff. stories, comments, slanderous accusations encouraged.

it different around here...and I can't even spell username name properly...

golden-brown  said about 7 years ago:

get a black dog up ya

pang  said about 2 years ago:

Mr Brouwer said the female Arts Victoria project officer, who resigned during the investigation, was estimated to have cost Arts Victoria and the public purse more than $80,000. In return, she received $8000 in prepaid Visa cards and Coles Myer vouchers.

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/government-staff-in-printer-rort-20110615-1g2si.html

poprocks96  said about 2 years ago:

What an idiot. And she got to ''resign'', I don't get it.

k2  said about 2 years ago:

why did they need to add that the former staff member was female?

anonymous  said about 2 years ago:

fucken chicks ey?

k2  said about 2 years ago:

chicks and them printers, y'know what i mean.

Goal attack  said about 2 years ago:

why did they need to add that the former staff member was female?

So people could more readily speculate on who it was, thus creating a splendid little witch hunt

Sunnyboyz  said about 2 years ago:

I'm glad they did. For too long us males have been the victims of the inequalities in printer crime judgements.

Enough cartridges to last the organisation 40 years. shakes head

How badly is Arts Vic run that no one noticed!?

They were also about $300 more than they should have been paying PER cartridge.

sting-bono  said about 2 years ago:

Public servants rorting the system doesn't surprise me, what does surprise me is that a public servant actually ordered some ink cartridges (which kind of constitutes work).

redlips  said about 2 years ago:

there are very dumb people in the world. This type of company used to continuously call me when I worked for a small arts nfp. I never fell for them but the accounts girl did once when I wasn't in and I caught her at the fax machine faxing an agreement off to them.

IDIOT!

untold/animals  said about 2 years ago:

Girls do love shopping.

anonymous  said about 2 years ago:

and inks.

Story is now complete with a beautiful tie in to Opes Prime. What more could you ask for.

Violet  said about 2 years ago:

I was thinking about what would make you think you could get away with this. Initially I thought that if you were managing a budget you could probably get the costs through without anyone noticing, but then we're talking about $80K of additional costs. Unless you were moving money around in sneaky ways to conceal it I don’t know how someone else wouldn’t notice. If I were to do this and did manage to get away with the initial purchase my problem would be what to do with all the cartridges. Where do you store 40 years worth of toner without someone saying “what the fuck is all this toner doing here?”

There was a guy 5 or so years ago who defrauded the ABC out of $700K via petty cash claims, work visa cards, cab charge etc. And then a few years ago that woman from ING who defrauded them out of millions that she spent at Bulgari, Paspaley, Chanel etc. From memory she gave some of the money to a shop girl from one of these places for a deposit for a house.

pang  said about 2 years ago:

I like that guy from Room 11's idea. Just set your desk on fire. You have to explain why your desk caught alight, though.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.