View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

arguing with your spouse/partner on the phone at work

panus  said about 3 years ago  or at  1:14PM on Friday, March 18 2011 in chat

anyone do this at your work? my boss does. i find it distasteful.

untold/animals  said about 3 years ago:

It's the little things.

Hellzapoppin  said about 3 years ago:

I used work as a spot welder for this place that made those big roadworks style pipes and culverts. the dude I worked with, his wife used to drive 30mins to drop his dinner off every night, dragging their 3 kids in two. If she didn't make it he'd ring her up in front of everyone in the lunch room and abuse the fuck out of her.

He was 23.

*tow

panus  said about 3 years ago:

wow. what a cunt.

That's about what I said to him most days. He'd laugh at me and suck down another can of coke.

when i worked for a government dep't in brisbane, there was a guy who'd just busted up with his wife sitting near me. he used to ring his wife every lunch time and threaten to kill her. he got sacked after several people complained.

Violet  said about 3 years ago:

I used to work with a guy who would have the most teenage fights with his partner, except he was 54.

Once he accused her of upsetting him by sounding detached when she spoke to him on the phone while she was at work, and shouted at her that if she was too embarrassed to communicate ''loving kindness'' towards him in front of her colleagues then perhaps they had no future. This lead to an analysis of the sorts of tones they used with each other, what constituted a loving tone, and how he felt inside when she used a cold tone. He went on and on for ages and she was obviously telling him she had to get back to work, at which point he totally cracked it and said he was extremely disappointed as they had agreed to always talk things out completely if one of them had hurt feelings, until those hurt feelings were gone.

These conversations would go on for an hour sometimes. He got several warnings about it.

horrible.

Violet  said about 3 years ago:

He was actually quite a nice guy to work with but I lost all respect for him after the phone calls started. I just couldn’t help it.

understandable.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.