View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

Can of Worms - Ch 10

pfinger18  said about 3 years ago  or at  7:42PM on Friday, July 1 2011 in television

Andrew Denton's latest offering starts on Monday night. The premise looks good, I just wish he'd chosen different hosts:

http://ten.com.au/CanOfWorms.htm

email  said about 3 years ago:

I don't think I'd like that show.

It's like a news.com.au poll on TV, with commentary from people I don't like to hear speaking.

tinyman  said about 3 years ago:

I'd rather hear email speak her mind.

BigBoysSocks  said about 3 years ago:

Look fuckin' shit.

BigBoysSocks  said about 3 years ago:

Looks. Fuckin' shit post.

k2  said about 3 years ago:

People disagree about things. Amazing.

Arthurly  said about 3 years ago:

Can Of Jizz

magicpants  said about 3 years ago:

k2 said 1 hour ago:
People disagree about things. Amazing.

Ha! Correct.

gabbo  said about 3 years ago:

I give it 6 weeks.

Coz  said about 3 years ago:

The company I work for is doing the research for this. It provides a bit of light entertainment whenever we're bored. Will be exciting to see it put into a tv show.

pfinger18  said about 3 years ago:

It was fairly disapointing. I would have liked to see some questions with more substance to them. Like 'do you think there should be a carbon tax?' rather than 'is it wrong to say all black men have big dicks?'

Haff  said about 3 years ago:

I was kinda curious to see what this would be like. I could only make it through about 2 minutes before I had to turn it off.

Dicko? Aker? That annoying woman who's sometimes on spicks and specks? Do they even want people to watch this?

JJ  said about 3 years ago:

disappointing? What were you expecting with a show hosted by Dicko featuring Jason Akermanis? It's just another fecal deposit on the turgid slag heap that is Australian comedy television.

cowbell1  said about 3 years ago:

yes woeful !!!!!... i give it 3 weeks

nedb  said about 3 years ago:

Needs more Eddie, Mick and Fitzy.

fzchk  said about 3 years ago:

Jason Akermanis's head scares me.

mrmagoo  said about 3 years ago:

how long will this rubbish last?

gabbo  said about 3 years ago:

i want to revise my '6 weeks' call, but channel ten don't seem to have the ruthlessness that 9 do, so they might let this dodgy excuse for entertainment fester a little longer.

I managed to grab the remote and switch over to An Idiot Abroad before I was subjected to this abomination of a show.

disappointing? What were you expecting with a show hosted by Dicko featuring Jason Akermanis?

I know, it's my own fault. I set my sights too high. I was hoping for something Geoffrey Robertson-esque and I got Aker instead.

JJ  said about 3 years ago:

Denton has turned into an A-grade shit monger

View Comments 20 to 51

We've limited the amount of comments shown in these larger topics to allow for faster viewing, simply click here to load all the missing comments ...

will there be a public uproar over john elliot's use of the word ''abo''?

Yes.

After reading that article, I would have loved to see that Don Burke quote.

ocelotl  said about 3 years ago:

Talk about manufactured outrage. Invite a bunch of celebrity half-wits into a studio, get them to talk about controversial things. And they say things that are offensive! Wow! Fucking hell. Has Denton given up on intelligent TV altogether?

slothman  said about 3 years ago:

i heard don bourke say ''nigger'' on that show too.

Tonight:

I'm torn between tuning in for a cringe or fleeing the country to avoid it.

Honestly, who gives a shit what he thinks about anything?

Been bumped to 9:50pm tonight

anonymous  said about 3 years ago:

....cos the renovators isn't rating very well.

Channel 10 sucks donkeys balls. I always feel dirty if I catch a minute of the show preceding or following masterchef, and even masterchef is bollocks.

ccmotions  said about 3 years ago:

james mathison (dubious credentials as ex oz-idol host) on tonight's ep - I like him and his eyebrows

Mentalist  said about 2 years ago:

Caught a bit of this shit last night. Tried to watch it but was appalled. The topic was ''Does telling a racist joke make you a racist?''. The guests could only answer Yes or No... to which they all replied ''No'' (including Bob Katter). Followed by loads of comments about being un-Australian if you don't tell racist jokes whether they are targeted at Kiwis, Irish, Rangas, Aboriginals etc.

My point is, being racist can't be categorised into Yes or No. You can't lump light hearted kiwi and Irish jokes into the same category as mean-spirited insults about someones race & skin colour. What they failed to mentioned on this show was the history behind the these stereotypes (ie. slavery, loss of dignity) that your average white Australian has no concept of. Pure arrogance and appalling TV!

k2  said about 2 years ago:

Is this show still on?

turkey_sandwich  said about 2 years ago:

i think it's being repeated on one. i wouldn't go out of your way to find out though..

mule  said about 2 years ago:

what are the chances charlie pickering takes over?

or maybe will anderson

or rove, it has to be one of those three

peter heliar perhaps?

simon deering? maybe he could throw in a few viewers' puzzles for old times sake..

k2  said about 1 year ago:

Can of Worms rates just 351,000 for Ten

The return of the network’s panel show Can Of Worms managed just 351,000 capital city viewers to run 29th for Monday - beaten by Ten’s afternoon soap The Bold And The Beautiful with 416,000, according to preliminary OzTAM ratings.
That was despite the publicity host Chrissie Swan received after her revelations in the last few days she smoked while pregnant . The ratings were similar to those achieved by the network’s dance contest Everybody Dance Now, which was axed last year.

Now can the ex-big brother salad dodger just fuck off?

Mentalist  said about 1 year ago:

Now can the ex-big brother salad dodger just fuck off?>

hahaha

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.